- a fair & honest Milne Bay based on Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) development by PNGs
- honour existing development agreements, but
- re-negotiate unjust and unfair development agreements
- devolve power, and empower local level government and provinces.
- call for the abolition of the national-debt
- down-size public-sector in Milne Bay to between 40 - 60 % of current size, and get a PEP project to support a fair & just re-retrenchment package. Move downsizing savings to infrastructure and social services. Insist on computer literacy for all officials.
- allow taxpayers to tithe 10% of their taxes to their churches for church health, education & infrastructure
- call for implementation of a strong kina close to either US or Australian dollar in value.
- call for a basic wage to equal actual cost of family of 4, and establish "equal-pay for equal work" (no special "expatriate" salaries & allowances)
- publish the Milne Bay development plan hard-copy, and on the web
- priority to SME by Milne Bay people.
- devolve forest and fisheries powers to the province
- stop export logging in Milne Bay; only allow exporting of processed timber (no exporting fliches)
- call for all gold & copper to be processed in-country, the stripping of wet gas in-country
- call for the re-negotiation of the parity pricing oil agreement between the GofPNG and InterOil, for domestic processors.
- finish sealing road from border to East-Cape, & implement rural electrification along the corridor
- do a road-maintenance plan and public updates regularly (on the web)
- no road-link to Port Moresby during the 2007- 2012 Parliament.
- extend mobile telephone, and affordable broadband, coverage to all Milne Bay District centres
- wharf-building & upgrading at all Milne Bay seaboard district & sub-district ports
- complete international airport renovations at Gurney
- implement Gurney-Cairns air link.
- re-develop Samarai for tourism,
- put a satellite-towns at Gurney, and other Milne Bay district centres
- target food-production, switch from export-cropping to food-production, marketing and downstream processing based on existing gardening skills and food-security
- target youth and women in agricultural development and SME
- fix-up the markets in Alotau, and other key Milne Bay locations
- establish a coconut oil processing facility in Milne Bay
- integrate food-production with existing oil palm, and have palm-oil and palm kernel processed in-country
- regularly review the oil palm FFB price, to get rid of monopoly-pricing effects and stop cheating small-holders
- no expansion of oil palm in forests to protect biodiversity for future generations
- free education from elementary to grade 12
- radically alter existing curricula so that each student leaves school with a "skill": horticulture, animal husbandry, agriculture, carpentry, metal-work, engine-maintenance, electric, computers, accountancy
- access the US$20 million ADB Skills Development Trust fund to develop technical skills
- adequate number of competitive scholarships for tertiary education so no talented child is prevented by poverty from achieving their ambition.
- accept the Cuban offer of 600 doctor scholarships for Papua New Guineans in Cuba, and 200 Cuban doctors while they study. 2 doctors in every district
- upgrade health clinics in all districts
- upgrade Alotau General Hospital outpatients ward
- private health option in Milne Bay with link to an Australian hospital
law & justice
- seek international assistance for policing to minimise crime in Milne Bay
- "neighbourhood watch" and community policing throughout the province
- put a judge in Alotau (build judges house)
- review court-system, including infrastructure and civil & criminal procedure
- see: www.milnebaycrime.blogspot.com
- ICAC to stop corruption
- publish monthly Milne Bay Provincial Government and all LLG accounts, hard-copy & on the web
Land & resources
- land powers to be fully devolved to the province with adequate funding
- land register of Milne Bay alienated land to be in the Province, and accessible electronically in each district.
- separate system of land, resources and environment courts to be established and funded in Milne Bay
- supremacy of customary ownership to be confirmed, and state land rents to be paid to customary owners
- resources law to confirm the ownership of minerals and hydrocarbons vests with customary owners.
- Devolve environmental power to the province, and beef-up inspectoral capability & enforce environmental laws
- introduce re forestation and replanting laws in LLGs to ensure replanting of all trees harvested for sawmills (rosewood & kwila)
- link landscape planning to physical planning to protect the landscape as a tourist asset
- Ban submarine-tailings, riverine tailings disposal, and deep-seabed mining in Milne Bay
- ban export live-fishing in Milne Bay to protect domestic food-supply
- plan and wind-down beche-de-mer and shark-fin to prevent stocks collapsing totally
- Commission of Enquiry into the past activities of the Milne bay export logging industry
- press Australia to accept seasonal workers from Milne Bay.
- call for support to West Papuan self-determination, internationally